Friday, November 17, 2017

Duggins does the NAHA ... but We Are New Albany ... and Gahan's still Deaf.


As yesterday's We Are New Albany campaign conference amid the grandeur of Hauss Square was nearing its conclusion, one of the television reporters in attendance received a message (presumably) from Mayor Jeff Gahan.

She read aloud the words, which upon closer examination proved to be the same boilerplate we've heard oft times before, as City Hall released its own propaganda screed to coincide with the gathering.

Public Housing Update, by New Albany City (Mike) Hall

Up in the mornin'
Out on the job
Work like the devil for my pay
But that lucky old sun got nothin' to do
But roll around heaven all day.

Fuss with my woman, toil for my kids
Sweat till I'm wrinkled and gray
While that lucky old sun got nothin' to do
But roll around heaven all day

Dear Lord above, can't you know I'm pining, tears all in my eyes
Send down that cloud with a silver lining, lift me to Paradise

Show me that river, take me across
Wash all my troubles away
Like that lucky old sun, give me nothing to do
But roll around heaven all day

Send down that cloud with a silver lining, lift me to Paradise
Show me that river, take me across
Wash all my troubles away
Like that lucky old sun, give me nothing to do
But roll around heaven all day

Local television coverage here:

WDRB: Residents fighting back over planned demolition of New Albany public housing apartments

The "We are New Albany" campaign is protesting the planned demolition of hundreds of public housing apartments. Residents fear they could be forced out without another place to live and claim the city hasn't been transparent about the process.


And the view from Jeffersonville:

New Albany Housing Authority residents, activists plead with city to change course, by Elizabeth Beilman (What Editorial Board?)

Group wants no demolition without full rebuild

NEW ALBANY — A group of New Albany Housing Authority residents are partnering with a non-partisan activist group to send their message to officials — don't demolish public housing units without a plan to replace every last unit.

We Are New Albany, the opposition group, in partnership with non-profit organization Hoosier Action, launched their campaign in a news conference Thursday in front of the City-County Building in New Albany.

Finally, the view from We Are New Albany.

No comments: