Saturday, October 03, 2015

Parade? What parade?



Thanks, everyone. You were reading and sharing yesterday, and I think the point was amply made.

Me? I just want to walk the parade route tomorrow.

What it comes down to is this: The parade committee's word is the eleventh commandment, and to be a politician aspiring to use nothing except his own two legs to traverse the parade route is to risk arrest.

And if I'm to be arrested, I prefer it occur as an act of principled civil disobedience in support of a cause slightly more important than a parade. One picks certain battles, retains a share of dry powder, and goes to the mattresses only when necessary.

Daily life in New Albany is provocation enough, isn't it?

Today I'll be at Biers on Parade, the New Albany Restaurant and Bar Associations's pop-up beer garden at the Farmers Market. It runs from 1 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.


No comments: