Tuesday, April 04, 2017

An exploratory committee is born, as we inch ever closer to Gahan versus Seabrook for mayor in 2019.


The prospect for endless political entertainment just took a quantum leap, and the ghost of Verle Huffman stirs uneasily. Somewhere, a dog barks.

I'd been saying to myself, no more independent mayoral runs ... unless ... but then again, who'll be the 3rd district council candidate?

Is this real, or a feint? Will Jeff Gahan attend the debates, or Mike Hall?

Who is John Galt?

My political future now depends on who donates the most to my Pub Comeback Kickstarter, doesn't it? Here's a hint: $5 million is far too much.

I'm opportunistic, not greedy.

Seabrook forms committee for New Albany mayoral run, by Chris Morris (The View from Jeffersonville)

NEW ALBANY — It looks like Mark Seabrook is already making plans for the 2019 New Albany city election.

Seabrook confirmed he has filed paperwork and formed an exploratory committee for a possible run for mayor of New Albany. This will allow him to raise and spend money for his campaign.

Seabrook, a Republican, is currently completing a third term as Floyd County Commissioner. He also served on the New Albany City Council for 11 years before running for commissioner.

"I just wanted to get it out there to see how much support I have," he said.

No comments: