Thursday, October 04, 2012

Ethics Commission receives shovel-ready complaint.

This story isn't about me, but there is a tangential connection. I didn't have any prior knowledge of the ethics complaint. The reporter asked good questions, and I answered them truthfully.

Make no mistake: I'll go to my grave denouncing the third England administration's grubby treatment of Mike Ladd, borne of its desire to grab whatever money it could, while there still remained non-transparent time to do so and a handy nearby ATM. It sickened me then, it sickens me now, and I'm prepared to debate any one, any time, who argues otherwise.

That said, I'm no longer on the UEA board, the current administration made a decision (whether or not I approve it), and I made my peace with it earlier this year. I suppose we'll all be watching to see how this complaint unfolds, both as a case on its own merits, and as an indication of how the ethics commission will function.

UEA decapitation: Different tactics, same desired outcome, and still just as wrong as before.

ON THE AVENUES: A decapitation, coming tomorrow.

New Albany ethics commission may receive complaint regarding UEZ firing; Duggins accused of defamatory statements against Ladd, by Daniel Suddeath (News and Tribune)

NEW ALBANY — The city’s ethics commission has yet to convene, but a complaint has already been prepared for the body’s review in regards to the firing of Mike Ladd, former executive director of the New Albany Urban Enterprise Zone Association.

No comments: