Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ordinance G-08-45: Ordinance Establishing Funding for Various Economic Development Organizations.

I mentioned this ordinance last week, and must concede I was completely wrong about the date of its enactment. The bill was signed on December 22, 2008. What isn't clear is whether One Southern Indiana already has drained it dry to fluff the oligarchs at River Ridge. Thanks to Vicki Glotzbach and Matt Lorch for following up on last Thursday's council non-agenda discussion. I'll try to lift the text from the .pdf when there's time.


4 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

I'm not positive(at all)but it seems this fund was tapped in the last year.

Bicentennial? I'm not sure.

The New Albanian said...

Could be; if so, that's sickening.

So, when Coffey was grandstanding about it being the very last time he'd ever let 1Si have anything, was it 2010? I'm in some sort of time warp.

Thing is: 1Si backed away from the candidate endorsement, which should qualify them to solicit money for this fund ... and enable another Copperhead Flip.

Iamhoosier said...

I'm thinking it was prior to the fund being set up. It seems like the 1SI episode is what kind of led up to this ordinance. Formalized the process.

Again, I won't swear to that. Time warp, old age, ...

Iamhoosier said...

Comptroller should be able to tell what activity has been in the account, if any.