Wednesday, February 01, 2006

M.T. Dearing Building sold?

The reports are unverified, but after a day like I've had today, I'm eager for good news. Accordingly, downtown business owner Rick Carmickle writes:

It appears that the MT Dearing Carpet building has been sold.

Louisville Stained Glass looks to be the new owners. They were located on Hwy. 150 in Floyds Knob.

Hope this is the beginning of a new trend!

Rick's report has been seconded by Greg Roberts, who asks whether it's a sale or a lease.

Seeing as I haven't had time to check into this one, if you have information, please post in the comments section.

2 comments:

TedF said...

This is second hand info that will need to be confirmed, but my understanding is that it was disclosed at a DNA meeting that the building did in fact sell. Apparently, there's already stained glass in the building.

There appears to be a buzz that is growing to a dull roar. Anyone else hear that?

TwistedNoggin said...

If Indiana and Kentucky were caught up with the majority of the states in the US, I would look it up in the deed records online, but our two states are apparently the black hole of technological progress in the US, so I'd have to send someone to the courthouse.
(I currently work in title insurance and cover 25 states and growing, so I can't help but notice how far behind we are).

Sounds like good news, though. What are they going to do with the building, though?