Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Hobknobb Coffee Bar in Floyds Knobs provides an excellent biking respite.

Avid NA Confidential reader L.K. of Shelby Street asks: "Why do you ride a bicycle? Can't you drive? Don't you have a car?"

The answers, in order, are (a) I enjoy riding, which is good exercise and environmentally friendly; (b) yes, I can drive; and (c) yes, I own a truck and drive it when necessary.

But today was a perfect day for biking, so I set out down Main Street toward New Albany DVD (alas, closed on Sunday morning in deference to the church across the street), continuing up Corydon Pike to Quarry Road, via Old Vincennes to Grandview, and along Old Hill Road to Paoli Pike.

Stopping at the mini-mart at the intersection of Hwy. 150 and Scottsville Road, I glanced across the street and saw the sign for Hobknobb Coffee Bar -- and in a rush of enthusiasm, realized that it is open for business on Sunday.

Imagine that. Yippee!


Here are two views of the interior, including a look at the roasting apparatus.


The double espresso I had was exactly to my taste, with less oily kick than the Seattle-standard roast. Better still, the hours are suitable for human beings with jobs:

I continued through the verdant countryside to Moser Knob Road, past too damned many ugly subdivisions, finally descending into the smoggy valley, and completing my 45 km route back at the homestead.

No comments: