Sunday, August 28, 2005

A reminder: NA Confidential's policy on reader comments is explained.

Newcomers, please take note.

NA Confidential follows a policy with respect to your comments.

First, you must be registered with blogger.com according to the procedures specified. This is required not as a means of directing traffic to blogger.com, but to reduce the instances of flaming and anonymous attacks.

Second, although pen names are perfectly acceptable, I must know your identity (and, of course, will keep it confidential).

To reiterate, I insist upon this solely to lessen the frequency of malicious anonymity, which plagues certain other blogs hereabouts.

You may e-mail me at the address given within my profile and explain who you are. Failure to comply means that your comments may be deleted.

Thanks for reading, and please consider becoming a part of the community here, one that is respectful of the prerequisites of civilized discourse.

4 comments:

East Ender said...

Civilized discourse????
You've GOT to be kidding. You have wreaked havoc on the Speak Out Loud Blog in the most uncivilized way possible.
You don't have any idea of what civil discourse means, because the only people you will not flat out slam and slander are those who share your views.
Tell me, do you sit in front of Churches and heckle the patronage when they emerge? Or do you just call them idiots for their beliefs within the confines of your own cohort?

The New Albanian said...

Here's another worthy treatise written about one of the greatest American authors, by another.

H. L. Mencken, by Gore Vidal

jon faith said...

Sorry, Roger, for not posting sooner today. I have been blowing raspberrys at Baptists all morning and am knackered consequently.

I would argue that polemecist would and stylist would be more accurate with respect to the two men cited in your comment.

I am only an amatuer and but an observer: I suppose I am awaiting for my own Vichy water epiphany.
ciao - jon

edward parish said...

I am reminded of that great line from Monty Python-"I fart in your general direction", funny how the winds of change can give everyone a different perspective on life in blog world.

Roger you have always told the truth whenever making a suggestion or statement. Also I may add the word respect, because that is one thing that, for anyone that has ever taken the time to frequent your business will know, is that respect is at the top of your list for all patrons.

Keep up the grand job of helping educate others in this small community. Ed