Thursday, December 02, 2010

Today's Tribune column: "Whiskey? It makes him mean,” with impenetrable satire at no extra charge.

"Fools are my theme, let satire be my song."
-- Lord Byron

BAYLOR: Whiskey? It makes him mean

... As a red hot summer turned to autumn, and recessions, elections and selections from another round of “Dancing with the Stars” distracted the public, Stemler retreated to his ornate underground command bunker at River Ridge — an exact facsimile of the one used by Vice President Cheney to ride out eight years of second fiddle playing.

A masterful counter-strike was in order — but how? Stemler’s fingers nervously drumming, he thought to himself: “I must find a way to keep these mere taxpayers from slumming!” Then, suddenly, the Political Commissar got a wonderful, awful idea. He barked into his cell phone: “Dalby, we’re having a photo-op. It’s time to show Hoosiers what it means to respect and obey their betters.”

11 comments:

RememberCharlemagne said...

“Granted, I can maintain ideological purity with this putrid, spineless rubber stamp of an unelected Authority"


Do you feel the same way about the unelected Historic Preservation Commission?

The New Albanian said...

No. Next?

RememberCharlemagne said...

Sorry I didn't finish your column I got bored

RememberCharlemagne said...

Got to go to my EDIT subsidized YMCA that I'm paying for floyd county and Louisville residents

later

The New Albanian said...

Sorry I didn't finish your column I got bored

Same reason I generally don't bother reading many of your comments.

Have a nice workout.

RememberCharlemagne said...

Don't get me wrong R I do enjoy reading your column.

I guess the negativity of today’s put me in a festive mood

Good night

nowwhat? said...

A view of Stemler-tropilis from Baylor-ville? Your column belongs in a tabloid--at best.

The New Albanian said...

Baylor-ville has a nice ring to it. I suspect it will be the thatched-roof hut-filled ghetto for free thinkers.

jarchibald, welcome to the blog. Be aware of the terms of engagement. Thanks!

Unknown said...

If you don't want to pay tolls...buy a boat!!!

The New Albanian said...

Another one-time poster with no published profile.

Tiresome, but part of the territory.

Welcome, Free. Please familiarize yourself with the terms of blog engagement. Thanks.

VetteMan said...

Ok Roger,

Time to attack.

Look out Free, if your not just a drive buyer you will need to bring more then this to the table.