Monday, March 01, 2010

When Erika begins throwing her underwear at Elv... er, Price, well, that's when I'm outta here.

As noted here on Sunday, I am unable to attend tonight's city council exercise in futility. There'll be no live blogging tonight. Given the choice between Office Hours at the Public House and a chance to lead discussion on flights of delicious Gravity Head selections, and listening to Steve Price embarrass an entire city ... let's just say that the choice was remarkably easy.

Perhaps Price will bring his guitar and devote comments from public officials to strumming this classic song from the rock group Live's album "Throwing Copper":

"Shit Towne"

the weavers live up the street from me
the crackheads, they live down the street from me
the tall grass makes it hard to see
beyond my property
hey man, this is criminal,
this hard line symmetry
of people and pets

we don't bother anyone
we keep to ourselves
the mailman visits each of us in turn

we don't bother anyone
we keep to ourselves
the mailman visits each of us in time

gotta live, gotta live, gotta live
in shit towne
gotta live, gotta live, gotta live
in our town.

1 comment:

zampano said...

Perhaps after that one he can sing his favorite Ramones song:

I don't like politics
I don't like communists
I don't like games and fun
I don't like anyone
Well, I'm against it
I'm against it
And I'm against it