Saturday, February 17, 2007

Dante on acid? Or just too much of Ronnie Mac's coffee? You be the judge.

DICK STEWART has left a new comment on your post "How is it possible to vote three ways on one issue...":

ROGER,HAD A FUND RAISER THIS MORNING TO GET MAYOR OUT OF HIS TAX TROUBLE.GOT .10 CASH,A PLEDGE OF .25 IF HE RESIGNS AND A LOT OF F____HIM. WITH HIS NEED FOR CASH,THOUGHT YOU!!! AND FRIENDS COULD HAVE A FUND RAISER AND SELL SWILL FOR $50.00 PER PINT.WILL SEND MORE AFTER I SEE YOUR INSIGHTFULL RESPONSE. YOUR EJECTED BUDDY DICK STEWART

Posted by DICK STEWART to NA Confidential at 9:16 AM

----

Here’s the story to which our crazed horsefly refers.

For those just tuning in, it’s helpful to know that DICK STEWART, a candidate for city council in the 6th district, approaches these and many other pressing local issues from a squarely elemental, black & white (boy, DICK sure does have problems with colors), two-step perspective.

First, everything’s all about Mayor James Garner, and nothing else matters. Second, in those halcyon days of yore when I agreed with DICK STEWART as to the mayor’s performance, DICK STEWART thought I was the best thing since the lumpy mashed potatoes at South Side. DICK praised me. He fawned over me. My, how things have changed.

DICK’s been dogging me ever since I jilted him for a different perspective: It’s not just about the mayor, it’s about the mayor AND the council AND some hopelessly outdated ways of thinking on the part of a select group of the citizenry (DICK STEWART front and center among them) AND congenital failures that need correcting AND a number of other matters that taken as a whole comprise the New Albany Syndrome.

We at NAC have moved so far away from the Garnercentric view of reality, but as you can see from the above comment, Dick’s still in full-kindergarten, mayor-bashing mode, and he’s still resentful, stalking and prodding me because of the way that I rejected his simplistic world for the complex, nuance-driven land of factual adulthood.

So be it. Dick, I’m sorry, but I just had to move on. I’ll always remember those sweet nothings you warbled back in the beginning, when it was new and fresh for both of us. Nothing can take away the candlelit vigils outside the mayor’s home, egging his doorway and toilet-papering his ornamental bushes.

Please, Dick -- please -- just leave me with the memories. Good luck in your bid to thwart the future ... though I doubt you have much chance of winning.

20 comments:

The New Albanian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The New Albanian said...

Here you are, big guy -- a whole new thread, and just for you. Don't throw a rod ...

The New Albanian said...

Hi, DICK. I'll go you one better and spell her name correctly: Marcey.

And yes, I'm scheduled to do a fundraiser for her.

But why not answer my question: Why the obsession with Mayor Garner? It was a joke, but I'm really not that far off when I refer to you as a stalker, am I?

Is there anything more you'd like to SCREAM at me, DICK?

The New Albanian said...

By the way, you never asked a question, Dick. You merely stated your own thought, and imagined it was a question. Use one of these ... ? ... and it becomes a question. Gee, didn't teach you that in the school of hard falls, eh?

John Alton said...

Not to mention..."Wisman". Guys...sit back...cool off. Isn't time to stop the name calling, the bickering, the arguing, the yelling (even in print),the grandstanding, the dirty politics? C'mon aren't these reasons that people/voters are looking for "change"? Isn't that why people/voters are looking for "new blood" this election? If this is going on even before the primary, it looks more like a "blood clot".

Unknown said...

Roger, are you involved with the Mardi Gras fundraiser, or is there another I don't know about?

The New Albanian said...

Richard: I'm doing a beer tasting fundraiser for Marcey at the Public House on March 14. I believe it is noted on her web site. I'm not involved with the Mrdi Gras fundraiser.

The New Albanian said...

Screaming Dick:

"ARE YOU A SUPPORTER OR NOT OF JAMES GARDNERS REELECTION"

I don't know James "Gardner." Is he running for mayor?

You only had eight spelling mistakes this time. I hope Dick Stewarte isn't running for editor.

The New Albanian said...

John

Do you have a flyswatter big enough to splatter a 275-lb gnat?

Maybe E-bay's the best bet.

Roger

The New Albanian said...

Dickie

If you will ask a direct question, and it you'll spell it correctly, then I'll gladly answer it.

But I won't dignify your schoolyard BS (in caps!) by responding to bad grammar and "Gardner."

Roger

Ann said...

Thank you, Brandon.

Now, everybody read it.

The New Albanian said...

I did. Brandon is to be commended.

I'm happy to take my conversation with Dick off the site and to e-mail.

Christopher D said...

DICK,
You are clearly illustrating in this open public forum that you are no better than any of the over inflated super egos that are running this city into the ground as it is.
With the juvenile behavior you are exibiting on this blog, you are showing everyone that you will be just another incarnation of the same old group that points the finger of blame at the easiest target, rather than seek progressive change for our city.
Instead of playing a game of just answer the question and trying to force a regular citizen into exposing his who he is going to vote for (VERY PRIVATE INFO THAT DOES NOT NEED TO BE DIVULDGED), Why are you not on here stating your platform for your election campaign, what you intend to change, and HOW.
But it is readily clear that you are no different from the self interest serving flies congregated on the corpse of what once was the city council.
(just in my humble opinion anayway)

youthmovement said...

Dick who are you running against in the sixth district. just asking so i know who to give my campaign contribution to. unless its coffee,price,or kochert then i guess ill just keep my money.

Christopher D said...

Just as you blast Roger, I see you are incapable of responding to the post I placed for you. PS hiding behind the relegious label of the sabbath to buy time to come up with something better is not a property that is highly regarded as promising amungst the contituency.

John Alton said...

Roger,

No flyswatter...A big can of R-A-I-D Home & "gardner"! No bidders on e-bay.

Personally, I think the council has too many Dicks on it already!

John

The New Albanian said...

For the past day or so, it's been my object to provide Dick with ample time and space to present his credentials -- not just to run for office, but as a member of the group that we might plausibly refer to as the "anti-creative class."

For quite some time I've noted here at NAC that among some community members, it's really never been about the money. Rather, it's been cultural all along, and you need only look back at what Dick's written here to see evidence of the phenomenon.

Had Dick and other been paying attention to this blog, they would have observed that in contrast to politics as usual, we've advocated politics of ideas. Because of this, and because we long since discarded the Stewart model of politics as Garnercentric obsessiveness, Dick should have grasped that for mayor in 2007, I'm supporting the Toga Party candidate.

That there isn't yet a Toga Party candidate, or for that matter a Toga Party, is precisely because the forthcoming primary has yet to take place. We don't wish to play by rules that doom us from the start, so we'll be writing new ones as we go.

The ensuing campaign will be about ideas and issues, and the education necessary to expose them to public view. In short, we intend to proceed on principle.

Which is probably why Dick is so confused.

I'm outta here for a few days, and expect Bluegill to have something to say. See you on the 28th, or earlier if practical.

lawguy said...

I'm with you, brother Blutowski...

TOGA...TOGA....TOGA

youthmovement said...

Is your computer permantly on caps, or are you just constantly yelling.

Christopher D said...

Dick,
In response to your posting to me, you must realize that by entering in the arena of public politics, you sir are set to a higher standard of rules other than that of a private blog written, published and administered by a private citizen.
The juvenile behavior displayed on this blog by you shows clearly that what you are offering the constituency of this city no better than the squabling occurring now in the council regarding the Fire Dept. Hiring ordinance, police car purchases, or any number of item currently put on a back burner due to the constant questioning and arguing on a microscopic level.
Again, by becoming a candidate you should realize that what you may demand of others, you should be willing to provide with out pathetic and autocratic excuses.
So I ask you again in this public forum, given this example you are putting forth on this website, what do you offer the citizens of New Albany above the all ready present argumentative and confrontational attitude?