Tuesday, April 03, 2012

I'm at the American Distilling Institute's annual conference.

The American Distilling Institute's annual conference kicks off in earnest today up in the Knobs at Huber's Orchard, Winery, Vineyards and Starlight Distillery.

Sticking a toe in the (distilled) water at the ADI annual conference.

I'm a beer kind of guy, and actually sip spirits quite seldom, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. Currently craft distilling is going through a rapid expansion phase, one with similarities and differences to various junctures in the history of American craft brewing. Today and tomorrow, I'm hoping to learn something about our brethren with the pot stills. Having viewed the "Prohibition" documentary series over the weekend, I'm primed to celebrate the availability of these options.

No comments: