Monday, April 16, 2012

Along with numerous others, Dale Moss departs the C-J.

Courier-Journal reporter Harold J. Adams put it in perspective on April 12, via Twitter:

890 years of service and institutional memory leaving The Courier-Journal with 26 buyout retirees tomorrow. Godspeed to them.

Among them is Dale Moss, who I'll miss. He always tried to get it right, and usually did. Dale, if you're reading: I'll gladly swap you lunch for columns here at the blog. Pretty soon, we're going to be all that's left locally.

Dale Moss | Goodbye friends, it's been terrific

You no longer will find me on these pages. I have left for the unsettling world of early retirement. I struggled with that decision. You kept making it harder, kept asking that I keep telling your stories.

2 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

I, too, was sad to read of Dale's departure. While things would have changed anyway(perhaps even worse), I still cannot forgive Mr. Bingham for selling the CJ to Gannet.

w&la said...

Losing the Courier-Journal's mighty Ben Z. Hershberg will leave another deep and wide journalistic void in our area's media coverage. Always fair, always digging, Ben is a real journalist.