Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NABC wants you to know who is where, downtown.

I've said it before, and I'll repeat: If for any reason you venture into downtown New Albany and find NABC's Bank Street Brewhouse either closed or not to your liking, it is our wish that you remain downtown and visit other establishments nearby. They are not competitors. They are shareholders in the food and dining experience downtown, and our collective success (or failure) will be measured by how we unite to bring people into the historic core and provide them with reason to return.

Verily, we thank you for supporting local businesses. The sign above is the updated version of the one that's been posted to the left of our entrance since March. It seeks to provide an overview of options within the limits of the riverfront development area.

Did we miss you? If so, let me know and I'll have Tony design an addendum.

8 comments:

PR Gal said...

Thanks, this is great! One suggestion, though. Have your designer turn this into a PDF--it'll be a bit more legible when printed than a JPG. Good thing to post on a home bulletin board!

The New Albanian said...

I will do so.

bayernfan said...

That's a really cool thing to do, Roger. Especially for a guy that's only in this for himself and his beer...or so I've heard.

Iamhoosier said...

It's actually his Communist side that shows up from time to time.

JoshuaDenzil said...

You have left out Hot Stone Massage LLC on the corner of Main & Pearl. Hard working immigrants down there.

TedF said...

A great way to inform visitors. Thanks. That's an impressive list isn't it? I still leave New Albany on occasion for shopping and eating, but it's getting to be more of a rarity rather than the norm.

Dueling Grounds gets my best newcomer award. Wonderful coffee, simple lunches, wireless, books, and walking distance from my house and work. Bravo Randy, Ann, and crew.

dan chandler said...

I’ll echo what Ted wrote.

For the last ten years, I’ve traveled to Heine Bros. for the inviting atmosphere with good coffee experience. When I want coffee, by habit my first thought still is to grab the keys. I’m sure I’ll break that bad habit quickly. Not only do I save a gallon of gas by walking the two blocks instead of driving the 10 miles, but at Destinations I bump into and chat with people who care about what’s happening on this side of the river.

Iamhoosier said...

I go because of Ann.