Monday, August 24, 2009

Councilman John Gonder: "Open Letter to the New Albanian."

For me, last week was a blur. It was even more of a blur for NABC's hard working employees, as it was the first of several event-packed weeks to come during the late summer and autumn calendar as we try to hit full stride. Indeed, it has been an exhausting and yet exhilarating time.

Last Thursday, I dashed back and forth throughout the day, squeezed in a bicycle ride and an appointment in Louisville, and came steaming into the city council meeting, only to be directed right back out the door (correctly so) after losing my temper when a speaker told an egregious lie. What I said to her should have been reserved for a more private venue, but it was sincere, and because I truly believe it, I shan't join the cult of apology preferred in these buffoonish times.

Several beers later, there was a very brief opportunity to exchange pleasantries with the select group of councilpersons who customarily adjourn to Studio's after meetings. On Friday, at-large councilman John Gonder penned an Open Letter to the New Albanian, which I'll not quote here, but merely suggest you read. Join the discussion at John's blog, or wait until I have the opportunity to organize my thoughts in response and post here at NAC, which perhaps will be soon. I have two impending for-pay writing deadlines that must be tended to first.

I will say this: It is humbling that John took the time to compose his note, and whether or not I agree in full, it is appreciated.

1 comment:

Randy said...

I think John's blog is the appropriate venue to discuss this. I have done so there.