Sunday, November 23, 2014

My Saturday, Part 3: Taco Punk pop-up at Bank Street Brewhouse.




Pop-ups are difficult, because there is no established routine, and choreography in the kitchen and serving arts is are more important than you might think. Gabe Sowder did it all in the kitchen and Stephen Powell ran the whole floor. They rocked it.

At any rate, the two-night pop-up worked pretty well in spite of a few glitches, and the food was quite good. Thanks to all who came out, and look for an announcement of future intent. We all think that NABC and Taco Punk is an excellent match ... but I'll be coy until I'm not.

I was in bed, asleep, by 9:30 p.m. and slept until 8:00 a.m. It had been a long day, but it left me very excited.

---

Drinking Progressively: Let's make it Tuesday evenings, beginning on November 25.

No comments: