Friday, June 28, 2013

I'm a voyeur. I was there to watch the show, not instigate it.


Given New Albany's legacy of the Battered City Syndrome, perhaps it's inevitable that someone at Develop New Albany would suggest that the Floyd County Health Department visited last week's Exculpatory New Albany bash only because I called in a bureaucrat's strike.

The tedium. Folks, obliviousness is not a solid recommendation.

Kindly note that NABC is actively contesting the health department's arbitrary and baseless harassment, not phoning them with hot tips (I've considered misleading them with phony tips, however), and that if successful, NABC's protest will be for the good of all vendors in a similar position.

In fact, in addition to publicly screaming about the health department's myriad usurpations until I'm hoarse and in urgent need of the sort of soothing medication being applied internally via growlers while seated in Sandra's back yard last week, I privately warned certain members of DNA about the probability of the health department's interest. And still there were FOOD (not alcohol) vendors on hand, as yet unaware that those legitimate FOOD rules apply to them.

Is this because American rules somehow don't count in Englandia? All along, I've been asking DNA and others to join me in this struggle. I do my best to make them aware. Hey, you're welcome. As usual, Bluegill writes it best.

Don't worry. After you win, they'll join you. Or rather, suggest that you should have joined them, since they won.

No comments: