Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pierce: "Tell Me What Is Being Done In My Name."

Classic rant, spot on.


Tell Me What Is Being Done In My Name, by Charles P. Pierce (Esquire)

OK, let us persist in the notion that I am an American citizen. Let us persist in the notion that I am the citizen of a self-governing political commonwealth. Let us persist in the notion that I have a say -- and important and equal say -- in the operation of my government here and out in the world. Let us persist in the notion that, in America, the people rule. If we persist in these notions -- and, if we don't, what's the fking point, really? -- then there is only one question that I humbly ask of my government this week.

Please, if it's not too damn much trouble, can you tell me what's being done in my name?

No comments: