Saturday, May 18, 2013

In which the woman decries the political decapitation of CM Bud Light.

We floated a couple of kegs last night at RiverRoots, which is par for a Friday night at the fest in Madison. Lots of folks will be drinking craft beer there today, which will come as a disappointment to the woman who called me out yesterday for encouraging young people to "chug" beers, get drunk, and sometimes die in hospital emergency rooms. She'd seen it happen.

I differed; she said no, "I read it in your newspaper column."

The woman proceeded to recall the time I "bragged" about bicycling while drunk. She had me there. Yes, I conceded, this may be true ... but you know, I'm really VERY good at it for all the practice I've had.

She concluded by scoffing: I never actually "ran" for office so much as unfairly "ruined" poor ol' Steve Price, who was way better than that Phipps guy. seems it was a disgrace the way we did in L'il Stevie.

Well, well. It isn't every day that there's a chance to converse pleasantly with the chief of my fan club, even if she wasn't letting me call her "ma'am" -- no, not one little bit.

Does this mean she'll not support my indie State Senate run versus Groomsberger in 2014? Because the more I think about it, the more fun that would be.

No comments: