Friday, April 15, 2011

Gonder on River View.

I've listened to John's comments at the public campaign functions to date, and they're always excellent, delivered in a casual and disarming way, as though he's conciously trying to break down complex thoughts into more easily digestible components. He can write, too, as the following links most recently attest. I voted for John last time, and will again in May. He's simply too valuable not to have on the council as an at-large representative.

River View, Look Again

Yesterday I recounted the circumstances surrounding the ill-fated project known, only to me, as Gonder Platz. That was intended as simply a preface to a more critical look at the River View project. I will lay out my thoughts on it here. Such an excercise may have little sway upon the reader or value, or even readers. It is more an attempt on my part, to get some thoughts on this once-in-a-lifetime project down in writing.

I am neither a proponent nor an opponent of the project ...

1 comment:

Jeff Gillenwater said...

Gonder's batting a thousand on this one so far. By that I don't mean I think he's going to vote one way or the other on the project, but that he's shown a very rooted, practical thoughtfulness that so often goes flying when confronted with big, new, and shiny.

I'm actually interested in what he has to say and, though he downplays the potential for influence, find his commons-based approach far more compelling than much of the oversimplified accounting that's been otherwise highlighted.

In that, he's leading; exactly what I hoped he'd do when I voted for him the first time.