Thursday, November 18, 2010

Today's Tribune column: "Bridges Authority has no clothes” -- with bonus commentary by Kerry Stemler's sin-eater.

Right here, within the friendly, climate-controlled confines of the frolicsome Faux Leather Den, our VIP members-only lounge at New Albany's famous and incredibly regal Hotel Sadomasochism, today's Happy/Morose Hour special is a two-for-one Tribune punch of Roger thinking micro ...

BAYLOR: Bridges Authority has no clothes

... and Jerry espousing macro ...

FINN: Consider big picture when talking bridges

Straight up: I seek nothing more than to articulate legitimate and currently ignored questions being asked by every independent Hoosier small business in the area.

Considering all aspects of this "big picture," to the tune of $4 billion worth of tolling walls erected in the middle of the Ohio River, and an involuntary tax imposed by unelected bureaucrats on both working Hoosier commuters and Hoosier small businesses that market to Kentucky, another usage strikes far closer to the truth.

Consider "the totalitarian picture."

We are.

And Jerry, let me tell you ... it ain't pretty.

2 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

I've written my response on the Tribune's site.

Another thought just struck me. Mr.Finn loves his "open mind" concept. It's not open mind, it's "trust me(us)". And I ask, why? What have they done to inspire any trust in them? I don't know any of them personally. All I can go by is their actions(or inaction)on the Authority. Mr. Stemler's feet are stuck in concrete. Mr. Finn accuses people of using incorrect facts and spreading myths. When asked for particulars, Mr. Finn is no where to be found. Even with the column inches provided to him today by the Tribune, he does not address any of it.

It's not my blog but I would bet that Roger and Jeff would provide Mr. Finn all the space he needs to address the faulty facts, myths, and the ONE bridge study.

G Coyle said...

The PR pander BS from Mr Finn made me dizzy, or it's the residual fumes in my brain from crossing spagetti junction 6 times today. The contortions of logic in support of tolling, obviously a foregone conclusion from what I read, just can't come up with anything that will stick. I like the new "environmental health" angle, thanks for tossing that in guys! The first thing Gov Daniels did when he came into office was rescind air quality standards for Southern Indiana! Remember vehicle inspection stickers?

I propose the Bi-State unelected Authority become a Quadrantal unelected Authority and also set up tolling on all the east-west interstates as well as the north/south river crossings. Twice the money! Twice the safety! Twice the economic growth!! If it's good enough for North-South, I say let's do it East - West too! Who's with me?