Sunday, January 03, 2010

9. Return from Europe and mandatory re-education opportunities.


Before and after views of a Nurnberg mixed grill of local signature sausages, ham, pork knuckle and duck, accompanied by a tureen of gravy, with potato dumpling, boiled potatoes, sauerkraut and sweet red cabbage to be pushed the other way toward my vegetarian spouse, are provided courtesy of my recent weight gain. This morning's YMCA visit set the gear in reverse.

Graham collected us at the airport yesterday, with bags intact and only a brief encounter with the Department of Agriculture's sausage sniffing dog to recount as noteworthy on the trip home. Security was little more onerous than usual given the fallout from Al-Qaida's underear bomber, and the flights back were clean as could be.

I'm saddened to see the B & B gone. It always was Stan's to me, although my recollection is that I went inside only once. Rather like the reindeer, I found the prices for bottled alcoholic water far too high to encourage continued patronage.

As always, thanks to Bluegill for his thoughtful stewardship of our blogyard during my absence. As always, join me in encouraging him to continue his contributions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must crawl to city hall to receive my 2010 marching orders from the current occupant. Fashionistas know that the hippest boys are never caught thinking for themselves.

5 comments:

Jeff Gillenwater said...

Not to worry, Chief. All the nuts are still here, stored for the winter.

Iamhoosier said...

I think that I resemble that comment.

Ann said...

Oh, no, Iamhoosier--you know who you resemble :)

Iamhoosier said...

Ann,
Only in my(wife's)dreams!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.