Saturday, November 15, 2008

New Albany's YMCA as metaphor: 3 + 1 = wannabeen.

On Friday, I posted a treatise on the nature and practice of shameless hypocrisy, as personified by former city councilman Larry Kochert. Here's a portrait of the con artist as a not-quite-housebroken old man.

Predictably, not unlike a knee-panted, snot-clogged child on the playground, Larry Kochert simply couldn’t resist stepping across the chalk line after being told that by doing so, he would emerge as a buffoon, and so there he was, giggling at his perceived rambunctiousness, approaching me not once, not twice, but three times to toss adolescent jibes – and in the process, well, emerging as a buffoon, and in the process proving the veracity of everything written about him in this space since we had the temerity to begin chronicling Kochert’s abject political futility at the dawn of his mercifully final term in orifice.
Earlier today, reader ecology warrior stirred the pot, observing:

I spoke to the source and he said it was 4 times he taunted you, not three.

Hmm. Perhaps I paused to gauge the size of the crowd and missed one of Kochert's outbreaks of flaccid faltulence. Since I make no firm claims to advanced mathematical aptitude, bear with me while I dope it out.

If, by his own admission, King Larry taunted me four times rather than three, does this mean that he is 25% more childish than previously thought?

Inquiring minds want to know. At least we can be sure that he remains 100% gone from the council, and for that the city breathes a huge sigh of relief.

3 comments:

Scott said...

33%?

The New Albanian said...

Beats me. You should have seen my grades in math. I spent my time reading HL Mencken tracts.

ecology warrior said...

it would be 33% more because its an increase of 1/3, 33.33333% to be precise