Sunday, September 04, 2016

Two lengthy Fitbit streaks come to an end.

Friday (September 2) marked my 494th consecutive 10,000 step day on Fitbit. Yesterday the streak was broken. Also, this week was the first time since June 8 - 14, 2015 that I didn't record at least 100,000 steps, which means I managed it 63 weeks in a row.

I knew it was going to be a challenge this week to keep these streaks intact, but in fact, all good things must come to an end -- or in this instance, an alteration of the routine must begin.

The goal will remain 10,000 steps a day, and more if it's practical. The new goal is to devote some of what previously was walking time to other forms of exercise.

One way or another, you gotta move.



This won't mean anything unless you're a Fitbit Fanatic.

Yesterday (April 25) marked my 366th consecutive 10,000 step day. The last week of less than 100,000 steps was June 8 - 14, 2015. The bulk of all this walking comes outdoors, in all weather, although I've learned how to walk in place, indoors -- hence all the educational videos.

Fitbit is a tool, and a means to an end. That's all. The key element to me is the necessity of staying active throughout the day in order to meet goals, but moreover, so as to keep the metabolism humming along.

Intake matters, too, and no, I don't always manage portion control very efficiently. The point is to at least feel like you've earned the extra pizza and beer.

No comments: