Thursday, February 26, 2015

Media notice: Roger A. Baylor will take a leave of absence from NABC to run for mayor of New Albany.

Media note: Roger A. Baylor will take a leave of absence from NABC to run for mayor of New Albany.

Two months ago, I utilized the bully pulpit afforded me by my weekly blog column to announce that in 2015, I’d be running for mayor of New Albany as an independent.

ON THE AVENUES: To the third floor -- but first, we throw the rascals out.

My rationale isn't overly complicated. I’m running for mayor because a city in transition like New Albany desperately needs progressive ideas like those espoused by people like me, from all walks of life, who routinely have been marginalized or ignored by the same old game, played the same old way, by the same old, tired political suspects.

It’s a big undertaking for any candidate. One must complete various forms and gather the necessary signatures, and then organize a whole campaign from scratch. All along, it has been my intention to begin the campaign in earnest come March 2 ... and we're right on schedule.

Consequently, the first of many transitions on the path to come begins today. Effective immediately, I’m taking a leave of absence from the New Albanian Brewing Company (NABC), so as to devote my full attention to the campaign for mayor.

Of course, I’ll honor all previous commitments, but from this point the day-to-day is in the capable hands of my business partners, Kate Lewison and Amy Baylor, and our fine staff.

www.newalbanian.com

As many readers may already know, I own 33% of NABC’s two incorporations. When the November election is over and I’ve been elected to the office of mayor, I’ll act immediately to sell my shares to my two business partners, according to the terms of our buy-sell agreement.

Which is to say, I’m all in. I’m very serious about running for mayor -- and winning. Let the fun begin.

Questions? Just ask.

502-468-9710 (mobile)
roger@newalbanian.com

3 comments:

ecology warrior said...

I wonder if dough boy gahan sold his business when he got elected? If he didn't that would make him absent with pay from two sources: The business and The third floor, of course there is a lot of dead wood on that floor anyway.

Shane Campbell said...

Roger has been serving New Albany better and longer than anyone already. I congratulate him on his commitment to "go all in." Let me know if I can help. Cheers Roger!

Matt Brewer said...

Get 'em Roger! I back Rog! Or well, something along those lines.