Monday, November 17, 2014

That Thursday morning meeting with the city I twice told you about? Shockingly, it has been postponed.

Hmm, well, I do believe the empire is striking back, so score one for City Hall.

I've just learned that the Thursday morning meeting at The Exchange, as mentioned twice at NA Confidential, has been postponed.

Attention, downtown small business owners: Thursday, 20 November, 8:30 a.m. at The Exchange.

Downtown business owners, don't forget the meeting this Thursday.


Not that I've been informed of this in any official sense, but the Green Mouse has his impeccable sources. I know all of this is confusing, and the confusion probably isn't a coincidence, but here it is. Please bear with me.

1. The bimonthly City Hall-sponsored meeting on Thursday, originally planned for the exclusive attendance of selected representatives from non-profit organizations, to which I unilaterally invited all and sundry to attend, anyway, has been postponed. My guess is that it has been postponed precisely because I invited all and sundry to attend. I suspect City Hall currently is preparing to launch a Facebook site for these meetings, so I can be abruptly Adamned from it, as I have been v.v. the local Democratic Party.

2. The monthly downtown Merchant Meeting scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) at The Loft on Spring Street (above Colokial and Dress & Dwell) is still scheduled for 8:30 a.m. If you can make it to The Loft on Tuesday morning, please do so.


4 comments:

w&la said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
w&la said...

They may still hold the meeting after saying they won't - classic feint.

The New Albanian said...

Thanks -- I must learn to think deviously. By the time this is over, I'll be blacklisted in more than one place. However, seeing as the venue's been contacted, I think it's probably genuine.

w&la said...

No need to think deviously.Just sit back and watch. The most stupid thing any group in power can do is to try and isolate the opposition. It always empowers the opposition.

Bertrand Russell, Ho Chi MInh, Nelson Mandela -

"Hey, I know - let's just put 'em in prison and just give them chance to think and think and think and think. What could possibly go wrong if we isolate them?"