Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another new beginning at the News and Tribune?

In order to read Jason Thomas's request for input, I had to hurriedly disable the sound on my laptop so as to avoid hearing the dentist recite for the umpteenth time her commitment to teeth since childhood.

So, since you ask: How about doing away with adman of the year Bill Hanson's arsenal of early 2000s-era spam-laden dog and pony shows?

As for the actual news, I'm sure we can come up with voluminous advice. Can't we?

Haven't we always? Yo, Bluegill ...

THOMAS: Staying relevant in an evolving media world, by Jason Thomas

... In Southern Indiana, the News and Tribune is your paper. In my new role as assistant editor, in less than two months I’ve already seen firsthand our readers’ passion on any number of issues. That jazzes us as journalists. As a native of Floyds Knobs and a graduate of Floyd Central High School, I consider the News and Tribune my paper, too.

So I’d like to use this space to say hello and ask a favor: May I pick your brain? What would you like to see covered in the pages of the News and Tribune? What do we do well? What needs work? Also of interest is how you read the paper. Are your fingers smudged with ink or are your thumbs sore from accessing our content via the web or your smartphone?

No comments: