Monday, May 27, 2013

"Houndmouth have brought back the old-fashioned virtues of musicianship."

There likely will be many more reviews like this one, which I pulled from Katie Toupin's feed at Twitter. The album is due to be released on June 4.

Houndmouth - From The Hills Below The City, by Charlie Clarkson (The 405)

I'm not going to bother with preliminary introductions here for two reasons - One being, is an in-depth biography really necessary for what will be a wonderful listening experience? And two, I can't find the words because really I just want to talk about the record. What I will say is that Houndmouth consist of four young musicians from New Albany, IN, and they have all the right ingredients to be a bona-fide, distinctly American bluesy folk-rock band – singers with twangy drawls, raw instrumentation, ideas… and a band member with the obligatory beard.


No comments: