Saturday, August 28, 2010

In the latest from the GOP censorship front, Grooms joins Clere in erasing history.

Perhaps they were busy rationalizing Glenn Beck's sudden interest in civil rights.

Ron Grooms, Republican for Dist. 46 Indiana Senate, has now removed the comments he had written on Facebook in response to my question. Here's the way it looked before the axe was wielded:

Q. "Can you explain your position on tolls for the Ohio River Bridges Project? Thanks."

A. "There is a bi-state bridge coalition (committee), appointed by the Governors of Indiana and Kentucky that is reviewing many options to fund the bridges project. When the coalition issues their report, I will have a comment on the Bridges Project. Thanks, Ron."

I then asked Grooms when the bi-state authority's decision was expected, and he responded January, 2011. I observed that this would (conveniently) delay the transmission of his viewpoint until after the election.

Earlier today, the entire exchange disappeared.

I'm taking plenty of hits for saying these things aloud, but do you know what? I didn't ask Ed Clere and Ron Grooms (and Shane Gibson, and Chuck Freiberger) this question because I was setting them up, or trying to embarrass them, or playing games, or serving as a tool of the Democrats, or Republicans, or Communists, or Lite Drinkers, or whatever.

This is not a premeditated conspiracy. Asking a polite question twice is not "cyber-bullying," and I am a tool of no one. It is a question, just a simple question, and I asked it because it deserves an answer.

The Democrats have answered, while the Republicans have ducked, covered, cowered, stonewalled, deleted and censored.

It's all infuriatingly unnecessary, don't you think? Just answer the damned question, guys.

No comments: