Sunday, October 04, 2020

About Miklos Gárdos and anti-fascism.


4 October 1942 | Hungarian Jewish boy Miklos Gárdos was born. In July 1944 he was deported to #Auschwitz and murdered in a gas chamber.

I'm always cautious to reference posts like this one, as I'm sure the people at Auschwitz Memorial would remind us that man's inhumanity to man isn't restricted to one "side" or another. 

Still, for me, it's the reason why I always will consider myself anti-fascist, even if I'm not pro-anything else. Fascism has no intellectual or theoretical foundation, period, apart from the accumulation of raw power. And, by extension, Auschwitz is where an unchecked accumulation of raw power leads. 

Kindly spare me your equivocations. If this is something that eludes you, merely adjust your social media settings. Delude yourself if you wish, but I don't need you in my life.

ON THE AVENUES: Dear Holocaust deniers: If you don't like this post, unfriend me now.

No comments: