Friday, August 14, 2020

WHEN THE MUSIC'S OVER: How NA Confidential is evolving.


If you're just tuning in, or perhaps feel a tad confused, NA Confidential is not a music blog -- although music is a big part of my life.

These past few weeks I've taken to using songs to title my posts. Given the leaden weight of sheer, willful stupidity that has become the hallmark of American society, I find that it soothes me to listen to a song, then post thoughts and links beneath it.

It matters not whether the two are related, as the bulk of discussions in which I find myself engaged these days tends to feature me referencing a blog post I wrote and/or other source reading, and someone else filled with dazzling insight gleaned entirely from glancing at the title but not bothering to read the words therein.

This said, there'll be times when I'm more explicit, using a header borrowed from The Doors: WHEN THE MUSIC'S OVER, followed by a conventional title.

Like today.

In terms of subject matter, regular and genuine readers already know that while not entirely denuded of municipal social commentary, the blog is being reduced to a size capable of being stuffed into an emptied can of kippers.

Where it leads, I can’t yet say.

To prevent my friends and neighbors being punished for my truth-telling, certain local topics will remain off-limits. It’s what I must do. Fortunately I’ve studied the lives of dissidents, artists and free-thinkers in the former Soviet Union and other totalitarian societies, and they’ve taught me how to self-censor and defer to the power elites with dignity.

One wishing to "come back" must first go away.

Vive la résistance!

No comments: