Tuesday, August 25, 2020

First I Look at the Purse.



I don't care if you got yourself a wrap
all I want is your pretty green cash
Bought me a suit, bought me a car
Want me to look like a Hollywood star
Money, (Money!) I want money (Money!)
Baby, ain't no "why", baby (Money!)
I need money!
First I look at the purse!
First I look at the purse!
First I look at the purse!
First I look at the purse!


Changes to Slate Run Road project total $676k, by Daniel Suddeath (Hanson's Old White Male Digest)

Slate Run Road work continues as the New Albany Redevelopment Commission has taken some steps to rectify problems discovered with soil conditions.

NEW ALBANY — They were informed earlier this month that addressing issues with the Slate Run Road improvement project would cost more money, and on Tuesday, members of the New Albany Redevelopment Commission found out the cost.

A change order for $676,140 was unanimously OK’d by the commission after a brief discussion on why the cost for the project is increasing. The costs include some expenses beyond the steps that will have to be taken to adjust for the soil conditions that have led to delays in finishing the road project.

Redevelopment Director Josh Staten told the commission during the virtual meeting that the change order for the project contractor, Temple & Temple, includes additional drainage work and mediation of soil conditions that city officials said were discovered after paving work had already began ...

... Staten said Tuesday he isn’t sure when the project will be completed, but believes construction can be finished “pretty soon” with the additional steps that have been taken.

“This is about finishing the road and getting the best finished project we can get for that neighborhood,” he said.

City Engineer Larry Summers was asked if the additional remediation has helped since being approved earlier this month.

The contractor has continued to make progress over the past two weeks, and that paving should commence this week on the northern end of the project near Charlestown Road, he said.

“We have done what we can to make sure that we provide a good product for the citizens in the end,” Summers said.

Commission member Adam Dickey said about half of the change order costs appeared to be tied to drainage improvements that were added to the project.

“I think it’s important that we move forward with this and get this wrapped up,” he said.

No comments: