Sunday, November 20, 2016

A pistachio gelato sandwich for breakfast? But of course. You're on holiday, after all.

From the linked article. 

It isn't that unusual. We all ate ice cream sandwiches when we were kids, right?

MY FAVORITE SANDWICH IN ITALY: GELATO IN A BRIOCHE, by Sara (Ms. Adventures in Italy)

 ... My morning routine has been rather confusing the last few weeks. From my favorite Marocchino alone, to adding Nutella-filled hot cornetti (Italian croissants), back to a sparse coffee on repeatedly late mornings, to eggs, English sausage and toast, to French pain au chocolat and crepes and omelettes, and back to my Marocchino. My stomach was enjoying all the skipping around and the varied fare and the meals that lasted after midnight. It’s understandable that it’s confused and now fights with me when I tell it we’re going back to a lone coffee in the mornings.

But this morning, this particular morning, my stomach wants this: A fresh brioche stuffed to the gills with Sicilian gelato ...

No comments: