Wednesday, December 21, 2005

In memoriam: Todd Fulkerson.

I’d like to say this about Todd Fulkerson, a friend and former employee, who died unexpectedly and far too soon Monday of a heart attack at the age of only 40.

Todd was a fundamentally decent human being, and this never changed even when the fates dealt him a bad hand when it came to his personal health.

In fact, he’d almost died a time or two before, and I’m sure he knew deep down that the odds get recalibrated (for the worse) each time the actuarial chart gets cheated like that, but to my observation it didn’t make him bitter or resentful, or cause him to lose any of his zest for life.

It’s simply the case that Todd liked people, and they liked him back. That’s a good legacy, indeed, when you come to the end of it.

A little known fact: Todd was a member of the “beer of the month” club I tried to put together from the old Scoreboard Liquors in early 1990, prior to the formation of the FOSSILS homebrewing and beer appreciation club along similar lines later that same year.

I don’t know what else to say.

It’s simply not enough time, is it?

1 comment:

maury k goldberg said...

Dear New Albanian,

I am sorry to hear a friend of yours passed away. I am glad you shared your recollections of him with us. He was a person we would like to have known. May God rest his soul.

Maury