Thursday, January 07, 2016

Suddeath: "Darkness doesn't last, unless you let it."

Following a long stint at the News and Tribune, reporter Daniel Suddeath accepted a position as editor of the Glasgow Daily Times in October of 2015.

Daniel and I seemingly are destined to disagree on many fronts, and we continue to do so. However, the commentary linked here is fine writing on the most difficult of topics, death. It is catharsis as a writer, and more importantly, as a son and a friend.

In fulfilling the task of the essayist, it also is instructive and beneficial for the reader. Read it, and I think you'll agree.  

A very good job, indeed. May your loved ones rest in peace.

Darkness doesn't last, unless you let it, by Daniel Suddeath (Glasgow Daily Times)

It's that dreary stretch of winter when most of us sane folks who can't stand the winter chill begin dreaming of the freshness of spring and warmer weather.

I was especially glad to see 2015 go, as it was one of the roughest years of my life. My father died somewhat unexpectedly in November, and his passing came just a few days after I received the news that one of my best friends from my former post in Southern Indiana had taken his own life.

No comments: