Wednesday, January 29, 2014

LouisvilleBeer.com scoop: Flat12 Bierwerks (Indianapolis) will open a taproom in Jeffersonville.

(January 30 update: The N and T's article is linked here; it includes thoughts from Jeff's Mayor Mike Moore, Jay Ellis and me)

This news strikes me as more important than beer blog fodder, and proof of what I've been saying for a very long time: Hoosier beer, tapping into the metro Louisville market.

To review: A brewpub (Red Yeti) already is under construction in Jeffersonville, and Donum Dei Brewery looks to be brewing beer and serving food at the old Earth Friends location off Grant Line Road by Derby Day. The Flat12 press release makes no mention of brewing, so I'm assuming a conventional tap room.

NABC has shared many laughs with Flat12 since its inception in 2010, so this news sounds like fun. Maybe I can take Rob into telling me how much help Jeffersonville's economic development agencies provided for this ... but make no mistake: Thumbs up from me and NABC.

The Jeffersonville scoop at LouisvilleBeer.com.

Flat12 Bierwerks recently began distributing in Louisville.

NABC, Founders and Flat12 will be taking over taps again this year during Gravity Head.

No comments: