Tuesday, April 05, 2011

As the posse draws near, Councilman Cappuccino spins the wind turbines.


I'll bet you didn't know that deputy mayor Carl Malysz's favorite movie is "Plan 9 from Outer Space." To learn more about WindStream Technologies, go here.


With Dan Coffey and Steve Price mastered, baited and headed to the political gallows, and while as many as seven council hopefuls watched in amazement, the wind turbine stole the show.


Fire chief Juliot reminded Coffey that some city employees actually work for a living.

---

Meanwhile, the River View resolution was tabled until next meeting, and Develop New Albany's Greg Sekula confessed publicly that the city's official Main Street organization, which cited the taboo of non-profit politics as reason to avoid a conceptual stance on the harmfulness of bridge tolls, finds it far easier to conceptually support a politically charged, for-profit private development -- which is why Steely Dan's "Pretzel Logic" has been chosen as the official theme song of last night's meeting. Take it away, Daniel:

No vote taken on $42M development in New Albany; Councilman Zurschmiede asks for resolution to be tabled until April 21, by Daniel Suddeath (OSIN)

4 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

For some reason, your pictures are not showing up.

The New Albanian said...

I'll try again.

About a week ago, it was as though overnight, every setting on Blogger changed. It is no longer possible to format on the "compose" page (see Vicki Denhart's last post; it happened to her at FOS, too).

I've been doing things very slowly at the html side to compensate. Annoying is not the word for it.

Now I am informed that Internet is turned off and Intranet only in effect, which means that I can see them clear enough, and you can't.

I changed not setting one. Makes me want to change blog sites -- except I know what really happened: Basement grow Room has hacked me!!

maybe I'll call the POH-leece.

The New Albanian said...

Okay. Can you see me now?

Iamhoosier said...

Yes.