Monday, May 11, 2020

News and Tribune loses young talent as John Boyle moves to 89.3 WFPL.


John Boyle has been selected one of Report for America's 2020-2021 Corps Members.

Report for America is a national service program that places emerging journalists into local newsrooms for a year of service reporting on under-covered issues and community. Report for America is an initiative of The GroundTruth Project.

And:

Report for America

INTRODUCING: Report for America’s 2020-2021 Corps Members! These 225 emerging journalists are hitting the ground in more than 160 newsrooms across the U.S. at a time when they’re needed most. Meet our corps members and read their bios here.

Boyle revealed the switch on social media.

I'm thrilled to finally announce that I'll be joining 89.3 WFPL News Louisville on June 1. Last month, I was lucky enough to be selected as one of Report for America's 2020-2021 Corps Members. My team is changing, but I'll still be covering Southern Indiana, along with health.

I can't stress enough how grateful I am to everybody at the News and Tribune. They gave me my first shot out of college and welcomed me back after I spent some time in NYC. None of this would be possible without The Horizon team, either. To everybody who has played a role in my journey up to this point (and there are lots of you), thank you!

Green Mouse says: Boyle does solid work, and it's good to know he'll be staying in the area, at least for the short term.

No comments: