Thursday, August 18, 2016

No update, because the Chloe Allen case remains in non-transparent, bureaucratic limbo.


There are these ...

11/11/13
Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists? (and for that matter, pedestrians).

5/19/15
Wrist slap: Run a red light, kill three kids -- hey, I thought it was green.

... and there is this.

07/19/16
The July 19 BOW: All Chloe Allen's family has is Keith Henderson's word for it. No wonder they seek more information.

Sorry to say, I have no further updates on this case apart from a few back-channel rumors.

It's nice to imagine living in a functional community, where bureaucrats are efficient and prompt, and media performs the vital task of checking and balancing. Where we live, Keith Henderson is the prosecutor and Bill Hanson runs the newspaper.

My pitchfork is oiled and ready. Anyone care to join me?

I wish Chloe Allen's family the best, and if anything solid comes along, I'll try to get it out there. As a pro bono blogger and agitator, I simply don't have the time and resources to investigate this whole situation properly. There are too many vandals operating behind veils of non-transparency, and not enough us.

All we can do is try our best, and maybe now and then, we catch a break.

No comments: