Sunday, May 24, 2015

Baylor for Mayor web site up, fundraiser set for this Thursday.

I'll be selling good books at today's Boomtown Ball fest. If you're downtown, look for us amid the Flea Off booths. In other news ...

The Baylor for Mayor campaign web site is up and evolving.

In the weeks to come, we'll be expanding the web site to include more detailed platform planks.

For those inclined to support the campaign with their pocketbooks (more below), I'm grateful, and the web site includes a link where donations can be made.

Baylor for Mayor

This year, I’m asking you to do something you’ve probably never done before … support an independent candidate for mayor of New Albany. You can help me bring transformative, transparent, and innovative government to our city and together we can start anew in 2016.

We're also having a fundraiser on Thursday, May 28, and you're cordially invited.

Both major party candidates have vowed to raise tens of thousands of dollars to campaign for mayor in 2015. Much of this money will come to them from various PACs, most originating far outside the city limits.

But our campaign is about New Albany, from the grassroots up, and not the top down.

The simple truth is that for us to contest this race independently, and challenge the same old party machines, we're going to need operating capital in order to convey the message. I won't tell you that the fate of civilization rests on a certain donation level. I'd be fibbing, and you wouldn't believe me, anyway.

However, if you agree with me that New Albany can benefit from independent, transformative, transparent, and innovative government, then I'd appreciate your considering a donation to my campaign.

Stop by the gathering on the 28th, or visit the evolving campaign web site, where there is a link for donations. In the weeks to come, we'll be expanding the web site to include detailed platform planks:

Thanks for your attention and support.

No comments: