Thursday, March 31, 2011

The principle involved is not procedural.

Paraphrasing a line from Jim Bouton's "Ball Four" on this opening day of baseball season: The state of Indiana is an ass.

Smith: Gay marriage ban is simply wrong for state, by Erika D. Smith (Indy Star)

... A ban on same-sex marriage is not going to make people less gay.

It's not going to make John Clark and Steven Gillam, two Indianapolis men who have been together for nearly 10 years, break up and marry women.

"Whatever they say at the capitol, I could care less," Clark said. "It's not going to change how I feel about my partner -- or my husband. What are they going to do if I call him that? Kill me and eat me?"

1 comment:

G Coyle said...

gay people also work at major employers in Indiana, like Eli Lilly and Cummins. Why do we want to disadvantage international companies with diverse workforces who would, with the passage of discriminatory civil rights legislation, have a harder time recruiting people to work in Indiana?