Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"I wish maybe they'd tear down the walls of this theatre ... let me out, let me out."

For more on the Publican's newly reinvigorated mental health and the scheduling decisions that have enabled it, you'll have to wait until Thursday's "Beer Money" column in the Tribune, although I'll provide a teaser here and now:

I’d been refraining from those twice monthly council performances, and obviously my absences were why the abscesses healed, the gnarly dreams dissipated, my knee abruptly stopped aching, the acne cleared up, and I experienced a boost in intellectual potency approaching that achieved at the “express” chain hotel down the street.
Notice how I skillfully skirted tagging by a copyright lawyer down on his luck somewhere?

Meanwhile, for the rest of you, reality beckons in the form of the council's second of two monthly gatherings tomorrow evening, during which the 6th district councilman will propose an EDIT subsidy for yard waste pickup, thus prompting Steve Price to counter with, "ya now, we oughta just burn that shit like Andy in Mayberry."

Dan Coffey will glower and claim to know more about grass clipping than any human alive, the sole Republican will be sensible, and so on, and so forth.

Three Dog Night stole it from Leo Sayer, but verily:
Oh, I'm so blind
Oh, I'm blind
I wasted time
Wasted, wasted, wasted time
Walkin' on the wire, high wire
But I must let the show go on
Just without me, at least this time. I'm busy planning the comeback tour.

Gahan says New Albany trash deal should be bid-out; SIWS would pickup yard waste, cut monthly rate with new deal, by Daniel Suddeath

With SIWS collecting yard waste, the street department will be able to concentrate on maintaining the city’s roads, (Mayor Doug) England said.

The new deal “will lower the costs to the citizens, freeze the rate for five years and free-up our men in the street department so they can go and actually paint center lines, paint stop signs and do repairs in the city,” he said.

3 comments:

Iamhoosier said...

While I think a "better" deal by bidding is unlikely(at least significantly better), it still needs to be bid. I agree with Mr. Gahan--a rare occurrence lately.

G Coyle said...

Since the job of the street department is maintaining roads, can there also be an appropriation made for funds to stabilize and maintain the priceless monuments of our history at Fairview Cemetary. I've been under the impression the Street Dept. is doing the mowing that is literally destroying the place.

Jeff Gillenwater said...

I'm still wondering when any of them are going to read the current refuse ordinances.

Whether divine grace or a purely coincidental stroke of luck, I'm fortunate that I enjoy such wondering.