Friday, May 05, 2017

Piss off, LEO. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries -- and your governor's worse than ours, on top of it all.


Thanks to J for pointing me to this.

I've decided to point something more fitting at it.

Back in the mid-1990s I helped run a beer bar and pizza joint in Indiana (gasp), on the north side of New Albany. "Better" is a relative and senseless term, but at the Public House we tended to carry beers that were hard to get in Louisville. Lots of Kentucky license plates were in the parking lot on weekends. I was proud of this, because "they" said it couldn't be done.

Much time has passed, and currently there's quite a lot to do in both New Albany and Jeffersonville, particularly downtown. It's even possible that the Derby price structure is a bit more reasonable way up here. I'm a cynic and a realist, and I know better than to get emotionally involved in such matters.

But for more than 25 years, I've been busting my butt trying to make this a better place, and state lines aside, folks anywhere else in the country tend to see us as one big metro area.

Too bad LEO doesn't. Now if you'll pardon me, I have a few epithets to mutter.

A guide to Louisville’s neighborhoods, two hours at a time, by Staff (Aaron's Trust Fund Baby)

The Derby isn’t until Saturday, but your Airbnb is in… Germantown, or St. Matthews, or… and you are not sure what to do with your time. Don’t worry, gentle visitor. Take our LEO hand, and let us lead you on nine, two-hour, neighborhood-specific adventures of wonder, gluttony, imbibing, shopping and just plain fun in a few central Louisville neighborhoods where you may be staying, or where you will want to stay next year ...

No comments: