Monday, January 06, 2014

Nine Morrissey albums, all in a row.


A great personal favorite.

Morrissey, whose autobiography was released in 2013, has a gift for being in the news.

Morrissey: 'Eating animals is just the same as paedophilia, rape and murder', by Mikey Smith at the Daily Mirror

"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia," he told True-To-You.net. "They are both rape, violence, murder. If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away."

Over the weekend, while the rest of you were wasting time with football and milk- and bread-fueled fear of the white death, I listened to all nine Morrissey solo albums comprising original material. I wasn't sure it could be done without drinking, but happily, it has.

1988 Viva Hate
1991 Kill Uncle
1992 Your Arsenal
1994 Vauxhall and I
1995 Southpaw Grammar
1997 Maladjusted
2004 You Are the Quarry
2006 Ringleader of the Tormentors
2009 Years of Refusal

This odyssey finds my opinions unchanged. Viva Hate and Your Arsenal remain my favorites, with You Are the Quarry and Vauxhall and I close behind. Surely Morrissey ranks as one of the finer lyricists in rock history. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to meet him.

I eat meat. Well, we can't have it all.

No comments: