Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Let's see if a formal complaint will do the trick.

In the time elapsed (less than two hours) since my posting earlier this morning, here is what has happened:

  • The Indiana Public Access counselor has answered my e-mail.
  • I have filed a formal complaint against the Floyd County Health Department with Public Access, noting that the department has not provided a five year history of temporary permit citations, as I requested one month ago, and has not provided an explanation to me. 
  • Given the hearing date tomorrow, I've asked for priority status.
  • As of 9:10 a.m., the Public Access office is processing my complaint. 

To reiterate: All this has occurred in less than two hours, while in the 40 days since the first citation was written on June 14, the health department has been unable to issue me a formal notification of the hearing date (as stipulated by its own enabling ordinance), or to honor an Indiana Public Access request.

At this point, I'm not much interested in what Dr. Tom's political bosses in county government think about this. I'm curious whether they think at all.

Update: as of 11:00 a.m., Dr. Harris has been served his papers by the state.



No comments: