Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today's Tribune column: "Scorned by the Gang of Pour."

There you have it: 900 words, when all I had to do was say, "I'm not going to the meeting tonight."

BAYLOR: Scorned by the Gang of Pour

I’m better now, but last month I was in rough shape.

The strange, misshapen dreams first started at some point after I “came out” as a tragically misplaced European, but before Miller Lite began bragging aloud about the three whole hop cones used to flavor every 10,000 barrels of carbonated dish water.

9 comments:

Matt Nash said...

"the wannabeen political retirees out in their yards weed-eating shirtless"

I bet that was a sight!

The New Albanian said...

So I heard. I avoided Shelby for two weeks afterward, just in case.

Randy said...

A stalker and a piker.

Mike said...

So the secret's out . . . you're paid by the word!

Jeff Gillenwater said...

We could always head over to Jeffersonville, where the mayor claims to have first heard about the Bridges Project when he was a teenager. I figure they must be much more pergessive, what with a twenty-something-year-old mayor and all.

G Coyle said...

Did anyone catch Steve Price on local news last night 'splainin why our streets flood 5 minutes after the rain starts....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
G Coyle said...

again, my Korean is rusty, but the previous post translates as shirt-less Communists drink Yak beer.

Loved the piece Roger...I can't think of a better place to refresh your Publican spirit than Boston. Two, count them, two local old fashioned printed-on-newsprint Daily newspapers!! And that's just the beginning of the fun democracy can be!

Your local council reportage will be missed.

The New Albanian said...

Thanks, Gina. The break is sorely needed, and I believe it will be a marvelous time.