Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Did you know flooding was caused by train vibrations and quicksand?"



Reader JP asks, "Did you know flooding was caused by train vibrations and quicksand?"

No, not until I viewed new WHAS-TV reporter Mike Colombo's film of "alderman" Steve Price's gesticulating explanation. On seemingly his first day on the job, Colombo spoke with Price and Dan Coffey, those council (not aldermanic chamber) members least likely to have been awake during class. Heaven help us if this sets the tone for crackpot television coverage yet to come.

Are trains still using the 15th Street track? Perhaps it is the absence of vibrations -- or ultrasonic waves from Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen and their Hot Rod Lincoln.

Wound it up to a hundred-and-ten
My speedometer said that I hit top end.
My foot was blue, like lead to the floor.
That's all there is and there ain't no more ...

... My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln."

No comments: