Thursday, July 15, 2010

Amid tittering, Wilcox lances another boil.

I’ve been devoting a few precious minutes each day to improving my vocabulary, with the aim of prompting Dave Matthews into further acts of public confusion over word usage, as noted most recently here: Local GOP's version of Arthur Carlson goes nutzoid ... alas, not for the first time.

It remains my persistent hope that Floyd County’s Democrats might become pro-active rather than reactive in such matters. Having noted this, it is a pure delight to read as the party’s chairman, John Wilcox, skewers his Republican counterpart in the Tribune’s letters section. Wilcox's response is directed toward this recent gem from Floyd County’s highest-placed tea leader: Someone else is biased just like I am -- but that's different.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go manicure the Taxpayers Memorial Patio.

No comments: