Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Not quite all we need to do

It seems a short time ago that I was sitting in a joint meeting of the S. Ellen Jones and East Spring Street Neighborhood Associations, waiting for introduction to my council representative in the SEJ Elementary cafeteria. When he finally strolled in and started answering questions that evening, I tried to contain my laughter while I scanned the room for the camera, sure that I'd soon be encountering some Alan Funt wannabe for the first time that night as well, since no reasonable person could be expected to believe a scenario that includes 3rd district incumbent Steve Price in a legislative role.

Though those precious few minutes of sense-making cable access fame remain elusive, I've at least managed to find the camera.

As one neighbor, another astonished victim of the struggle to co-mingle Steve Price with reality while listening to Steve do the same, so deftly summarized last night, "This is unbelievable".




Additional footage will be added in short segments over the next few days, until the entire unedited debate is available online.

8 comments:

Ceece said...

I'm so sorry I had to leave early last night, but you know I think it's a good thing I did. I would not have been able to sit quietly through that...

Thanks for videotaping and posting, I'm going to try my hardest to get this information out as well!

The New Albanian said...

All props to Bluegill for taping the debate and editing the segments.

I took many notes as well.

The New Albanian said...

I forgot to mention that a highlight of the evening was the appearance of Larry Kochert and Dick Stewart, both wearing Price t-shirts.

Kochert sat visibly glowering in the general direction of BG's camera for the most of the evening. Lots of spite within the slippery confines. I wonder why?

Christopher D said...

Absolutely outstanding presentation BlueGill!!

Is it just me does it also seem a bit questionable where Price's opponents showed up dressed in a professional manner, Mr. Price wore blue jeans and his own campaign T-shirt...
for now though I can rest easy knowing the 4th district will definately be getting a change of the gaurd...good luck to those of you in the 3rd!

Neal Page said...

If Bluegill is going to do any further editing, might I suggest, that in order to get a truly accurate feel for CM Price's responses, that before each time CM Price opens his mouth that Bluegill add about ten seconds of Yackety Sax to the video.

G Coyle said...

Has anyone asked Price why he wants to be a councilman? Listening to this tape, that's what I wonder...

Unknown said...

That was awesome. Thanks for the smile before I leave work today and head down to the boat race.

Iamhoosier said...

I would really like to hear Mr. Price's responses to what Bluegill has shown here. You know that he has seen it--or will see it. Somehow, he seems to think that always saying NO is "checks and balances".

I think it is time for New Albany to build our own electric plant and gas plant. How about our own cable company while we are at? These companies make money doing it, why can't we? What terrible logic even IF privatizing the sanitation department was not the best solution.

He at least makes my Councilman not look so bad.