Monday, September 05, 2005

ESSNA urges you to attend Tuesday night's meeting of the Board of Zoning Appeals.

From the forever vigilant Greg Roberts, President of the East Spring Street Neighborhood Association, comes this important notice.

SUBJECT: The Board of Zoning Appeals meeting on Tuesday, September 6th at 7:00 P.M.

The meeting will be held on the 3rd floor of City/County Building, and is very important. The person who purchased the carriage house on 10th Street (behind the Costumery) wants to turn the house into a duplex.

The owner is asking for two special exceptions:

(1) To turn the house into a duplex, which means adding more people to an area that already is congested -- and with more people comes more parking problems, garbage and crime (the police agree with us on the issues of crime
and parking).

(2) As the building has no parking available, the owner wants a special exception to the requirement that every unit must have at least two off street parking space available, freeing her from having to provide off-street parking.

We need everyone at this meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, September 6), so please mark your calendars!

Thanks, Greg.

Say, kiddies, is anyone calculating the odds as to whether our 3rd District Councilman Steve “A.W.O.L.” Price will come and show solidarity with his long-suffering constituents?

What was that – a snowball’s chance in where?

D.N.R.? No, not sure what that means.

If he breaks with precedent and tears himself away from his own rental property to attend, surely there'll be dancing in the streets and nickel thimbles of small beer for the l'il uns.

6 comments:

Rick Carmickle said...

OFF TOPIC!

Hey guys! I understand my name and few of yours are being dragged through the mud again on the pink blog.

For the record, I don’t read it, I don’t post on it. I do have a few close friends that keep me advised about it from time to time, but for the most part I haven’t a care as to what those people say.

When they come up with a real plan to fix the government I may be willing to listen, but so far all they do is complain and never really offer a solution to the problems, other than let’s through every one out of office. I don’t think that is such a good idea, especially since what we saw this past week in New Orleans. If ever there was a good example of no government that was it!

Some one is upset that my business is listed on Randy’s website, big deal, I will take the advertisement space, the price is right, and it may lead to a client. Why does anyone over there care? Again, they have no direction; a ship without a rudder will only go in circles.

Thanks for your support, I doubt that I have lost any business to them, but then again, I don’t do Wal-Mart style photography. And, the only pink stuff I use is two Sweet-N-Low’s in my iced tea!

The New Albanian said...

So I'm told, Rick, although like you, the envy and hatred over there has been a bit much. It's bad enough to have Al Qaida against progress, much less one's neighbors.

A boycott? This means that none of them own a business or know anyone who does.

All six of them, that is.

Which in turn means that the people who aren't in business and never have been anonymously purport to know more about finance and economics than the ones who have.

And, almost certainly not a single one has consumed an $8 pint of late, or for that matter, read anything beyond the television listings.

Not the sharpest agricultural implements in the shed ... but that's our dross to bear.

Ann said...

It's strange to me that some people's political views seem to color every aspect of their lives.

While I may not share someone's political philosophy, or support the same administrators they do, it doesn't follow that I dislike everything that person does or says, or the business they operate.

But that's just me.

Rick Carmickle said...

A question for the skeeter rancher!

Who is responsible for the removal of old tires? The BP station at West Fith and Spring has some tires on their property with standing water in them. I told the clerk they needed to be removed, but they just know how to run a cash register.

Any information would be appreaciated.

edward parish said...

Rick call the Floyd County Health Dept. They want no part of west nile, etc.

Rick Carmickle said...

Thanks Ed!